BitSetter Additional Cap and Magnet

I just installed my BitSetter and it came with a cap and extra magnet. I installed the cover but I’m not sure why/what it’s for. The instructions don’t seem to discuss this part or the extra magnet.

Thanks,
Darren

The cover is to protect the BitSetter during shipping and during initial use — it may be that if you miss the button it will protect the BitSetter long enough to hit the E-Stop.

I believe the magnet is supposed to be used for the same purpose on top of the button, but that’s something someone more involved such as @wmoy or @Luke would have to speak to.

1 Like

The top of the BitSetter button is a magnet* that can be user-replaced in case you screw up big time and try to probe with the router on or something. You’d be surprised how often we hear about someone doing that…

*This is a recent improvement, so don’t go trying to rip the button off an older BitSetter.

8 Likes

Hmm, that’s interesting!

I have got the cover, but no spare magnet in the box.

I’ll check it again.

Damn, I should have gotten a patent for that magnet idea. I didn’t get any free stuff, either.

I don’t believe we provide a spare magnet - there is a small one to hold the top magnet in place and a top magnet used as the surface.

@CrookedWoodTex - we all love magnets here, any excuse for one. I recall fitting one to the first ever probe back in 2017 we had this in the works for quite a while… well since people started driving bits into the Bitsetter.

1 Like

Bitsetter, not Bitzero. :roll_eyes:

Been there done that… ended up with a nice dimple.
(solution: A small metal disc + CA glue)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.