Bitsetter and bitzero setup

I need help. Does anyone have any documents on how to set up both Bitsetter and bitzero V2 and how the workflow works between bitsetter and bitzero?

When I use the supplied pin to set X,Y, Z then remove then load the job it prompts me to load a new tool? Won’t that screw up Z zero when I change out the pin used to set X, Y,Z with an end mill? When bitzero V2 sets zero why does X,Y,Z on carbide motion not zero out?

Really need some help, I have a job I need to get done. Can you guys please please make a video showing each step using Bitzero V2 and Bittsetter workflow.

Thank you

The documentation is online:

If you set the zero using the probing pin, you should then be able to trust the BitSetter to get the tool length offset correct when you change to a tool.

I’d thought @wmoy uses a BitSetter and BitZero in pretty much all of his videos.

One example of a workflow is:

• initialize the machine using a probing pin
  • set zero using the probing pin and the BitZero
  • load the file you wish to cut
  • change to the first tool when prompted

The big thing to remember is to never change the tool unless the machine is expecting to measure the tool and either create the initial offset, or compare the offset of the currently loaded tool to the previously loaded one.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. There is not a single video on the workflow of using Bitzero V2 and bitsetter. Also when using the probe pin to initialize the machine, when the probe pin comes down on bitsetter the magnet on bitsetter gets displaced by the probe picking up the magnet off of bitsetter. Its a serious issue.

1 Like

Have you tried securing the magnet in place with glue or a double sided adhesive?

I will do that, another question. After bitzero sets X,Y,Z Carbide motion does not update X,Y,Z as zero on Carbide motion?

Please provide a step-by-step w/ screen grabs which shows that behaviour.

I had this happen before and it drove me crazy. I ended up just shutting down carbide motion, re-initializing and re probing. All the zeros updated after resetting.

1 Like

That is a good point — powering everything down, and starting up fresh so that everything is starting from a known state is a huge help for troubleshooting, and arguably, consistency.