Bitsetter md-project on endmill break

Hi! So I’m getting the hang of things with cheap bits and decided to experiment with feed speeds. I snapped a 1/16" bit and hit pause immediately. But I couldn’t find out how to switch a bit and have the bitsetter do a Z check.

I could obviously switch the bit out, but is there an option somewhere to make the bitsetter do a check? I’d hate to have to re zero the z axis mid project manually. Maybe even a “step back gcode by x seconds” would be cool too on the pause screen so if you break a bit and dont hit pause fast enough, you can switch bits, have the bitsetter do it’s thing, then step back 10 seconds so the bit hits the missed part!

3 Likes

This is a great feature request for @robgrz … to have a “remeasure with bitsetter” button in the pause screen…

2 Likes

I agree.

Broken bits is one use-case.

Another is when you suspect the bit you’ve selected is actually a bit worn and not cutting well, and you want to replace it mid-job.

An excellent point — hopefully @robgrz will weigh in and if suitable it will get added to Carbide Motion.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.