Bitsetter needed if no tool changes?

John:

A photo of your ‘ground down’ Allen wrench in use would be appreciated.

I like Neil’s upgrade as it replaces the poorly designed original mounting fixture. When access is covered up it is not well thought out.

Bill

Hmm, don’t think so, but I admit I didn’t pay 100% attention to what my original settings were, and what they were restored to. Here’s what they looked like just now:

I just changed to BitZero = None, and Spindle = Carbide Compact Router (don’t think it matters, but the C3D router is closer to my Makita than a spindle).

In either case, there was no Bitsetter option chosen that I can tell. That said, after sending the configuration, I’m prompted to set the sindle RPM again! Maybe it was the VFD spindle setting causing my woes?

Thanks for prompting me to take a look.

Nothing fancy :slight_smile: Here’s top down so you can see the gap and the wrench. I used a cutoff wheel on a dremel to shorten it.

Most importantly, it fits.

Definitely some cool ideas above… but for now, this is great, required no major effort/work/downtime, and I have no other frequent needs for a fully sized 2mm hex wrench :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Having it set to VFD was the problem. The VFD has automatic speed control, so it no longer needs to ask the operator.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.