I just got my Shapeoko 4 bitsetter and am puzzles as to why it doesn’t work for me.
Here’s a recount of what went on:
- I have bitsetter permanently enabled, even on jobs where there isn’t a tool change.
- I start the machine and initialize the cutter with a #201 bit securely installed.
- The cutter initializes and asks me to install a tool (which I have already done so).
- The cutter then begins probing with the bitsetter.
- I load a new job in and set the XYZ home position.
- I start the job and the cutter prompts me to install a tool (which I have already done so).
- The cutter then begins probing with bitsetter.
- The cutter prompts me to start the spindle up, and then begins the job.
9, Immediately, i realize the cutter was digging too far into the material (6mm instead of 3mm).
This happens a couple more times, and after stopping the job and checking for Z, my Z home position changed.
This however doesn’t happen when bitsetter isn’t enabled.
Any help would be much appreciated~!