Bitsetter - Z retracts past limit switch - grinding

Running a Shapeoko 3 with z-plus and a bit setter. When I initialize the machine it does the regular homing cycle, no issues there.

Then it asks for a tool and goes to the bit setter, after the first plunge/touch it retracts all the way to the top of the z-axis and, I would guess, beyond as it grinds a little bit.

Then it takes the next 30 seconds to slowly (painfully) make it’s way back down for the second plunge.

When I run a job and insert a tool, it goes and does the first plunge, then retracts all the way to the top of the z-axis without grinding, but then it’s another slow process for the second more measured/slow plunge.

I did have a few times where after the first plunge it only retracted a bit above the button and then went down slowly for the second plunge.

Tried to find something on the forum but haven’t found anything. Anybody have a similar issue/solution?

Check / Try your machine settings and reload machine config again. Make sure you have the correct settings for your machine and Z assembly.

Check your proximity switches for proper operation and also check all the connectors.

Anthony

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.