Bitzero / Bitsetter issues

After being sent a new Bitsetter, I was able to install and get it working, until +++
My main board is version 2.4e for your information. My board has the extra 3 pin connection. (Note there is not any lettering that indicates that it is RESERVED.) I also have the newest version of CM.

1. I was able to get the Bitsetter working when I plugged it directly on to the pins. This was Great.
  2. I then plugged my BitZero into the PCB board and was going to set it up. I Initialized the machine, it went to the back right of the cutting surface as it should and then to the front center to change out a bit. I told it to resume and it went to the BitSetter and the spindle dropped down but did not stop when it hit the button. I hit STOP.
  3. I disabled the BitSetter and thought I would set up the Bitzero by itself as I did with the BitSetter. Had everything set and went to Probe, the spindle did not stop. It smashed into my Bitzero. Again I hit STOP. After reading some of what others had problems with, I found that I needed to file down the paint so I would get a better ground.
  4. Again attempted to get the Bitzero to work with it plugged in by itself. This time and a 2nd attempt failed. The bit stopped short of the block and the light turned red. The screen on my computer indicated that the Probe Failed.
  5. To see if the PCB board was bad, I hooked it up to the main controller board and just hooked up the BitSetter to it. Again the BitSetter worked fine but when I plugged the Bitzero into it, it smashed down on to the BitSetter button.
  6. I have not mailed my first BitSetter back, so I took the PCB board out of the box and did the same as I did in 5. The BitSetter worked fine, but as in 5 above, I plugged the Bitzero into it the bit smashed down on the BitSetter

I have narrowed this down to something that I may have wrong or I did wrong with the Bitzero. I have attempted to get it set up, but I am at a loss.

Look forward to any help I can get from my fellow CNCer’s.

Thanks,
Rollin

Do you have a BitZero v1 or v2? If a v1 where is it grounded?

Does the BitZero light up red or green when powered up?

Is the BitSetter lit when plugged in?

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com to get this sorted out.

It is v1
I grounded it to the controller box
It lights up green when the power is on
When I touch it with the clip the light turns red
I will forward this to support@carbide3d.com
Thank you

William, I was sent a new bigsetter 2 to replace the one I had. Everything now works. Thank you and everyone who chimed in on this issue. I can now move forward. :arrow_right:
Rollin :+1: :heart:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.