BitZero V2 Functionality

I am about to buy the BitZero V2 for my XXL.

Two questions:

The first is that i am buying this specifically to set origins at something other than bottom left. Does the BitZero V2 do this?

Second, I am unsure how this will connect to the shapeoko. Will it be compatible with my device?

THanks!
TIm

Yes: https://youtu.be/9Xs0UknTNKY?t=152

It will connect to the Probe (“P”) connector on your controller’s riser board

3 Likes

Julien do you mean the floating board that is currently in use for the v1 BitZero and BitSetter or on machines with proximity switches you have a new riser board.

It’s a probe…connect it to whatever probe connector you have available.

The picture of the BitZero V2 in the store shows a different plug, is that the picture of the one that comes with the Nomad and the Store one actually comes with the standard three pin connector like the original BitZero?

1 Like

Received mine couple days back. Plugged into same 4 pin as the old bitzero on my XXL.

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find any instructions online for the BitZero V2 - the link in the shop page goes to the V1. Are there instructions online that I’m missing? Thanks!

I’m not sure there are any v2-specific instructions out yet, but Winston’s video covers the workflow at that timestamp:

You will need to have installed the latest carbide motion release, which I think has the code/screens for the bitzero v2. My machine is busy doing something else right now, I’ll check if this is indeed the case when the job is finished.

2 Likes

The latest release does have it. When I was having my homing issues with the v1, I was checking out the drop downs for v2.

1 Like

Here is the new Bit zero 2.0 plug

1 Like

You have to remove the cover from the controller and there you will find the Bitzero connection on the board.

2 Likes

Watch the above video even though it is for the Nomad the steps are the same you just need to select Shapeoko Pro in the drop down menu.:wink::+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.