Black Friday Sales?

While C3D has had history of for instance the Probe being out of stock, however this is a Black Friday sale, no store provides rain checks during limited-time sales, on wildly popular events (“Holidays”) that advertise “while supplies last”. You can’t backorder on Amazon, BestBuy, or most any other place on a sale item that is out of stock, why are we demanding C3D to do so and putting a negative light on it?

3 Likes

Well maybe, but two points:

• I just looked at the e-mail announcing the sale, no mention that these are while supply last or limited quantities.
  • When we are dealing with Amazon or Best Buy, we are not dealing with the manufacturer but a company who has to get stock from a 3rd party that may or may not produce anymore.

You’re right, they should have had fine print on their sales; maybe they’ll learn to do that now, but it’s Black Friday, kind of comes with the notation that supplies are going to be limited, and you could never back order on C3D Store.

X-Crave, OpenBuilds, manufacturer or distributor, how often have you been able to get a rain check on a out of stock limited-time sale item?

FYI, the 80 and 65MM spindle mounts seem to be [back?] in stock.

Once we’re back in stock on the HDZ we’ll do a 2-day flash sale, so for anyone who missed out this time, make sure to enter your email by clicking the “Email Me When Available” button in the store.

6 Likes

Will you do that for the other products too? I could not get the HD mount. I would also place an order for the bitsetter and would like both to be delivered together to save on the delivery charges.

HD Mounts are in stock now.

1 Like

NO, This was a SALE, announced for a PREDETERMINED TIME. Way Longer than in the past, If you waited around till the LAST DAY to buy, then you are SOoL. Geeh, I’m not gripping that I bought the machine and a bunch of bits and the probe only a few weeks earlier… Dang, no satisfying anyone any more.
On a positive note, I LOVE the machine and the HDZ I bought the FIRST day of the Black Friday Week Long Sale.

2 Likes

I’ll add a final comment and then lock this thread because there’s not much more to discuss.

• Every year we have a list of things to change for the next sale. This years the #1 change is to be sure to add a “While supplies last, no backorders” line explicitly. We assumed that this was what people would expect by default but we were wrong.

• When the HDZ is back we’ll do a 2 day flash sale. Be sure to add your email to the “Email me when available” button on the product page.

9 Likes