Blown fuse in bit runner

I have a Pro xl about 2 years old been running perfectly. Yesterday the router would not turn on. I have the bitrunner deluxe and the previous day the router worked fine, the next day would not turn on. Have no idea why. There have not been any electrical issues at the house, my machine is plugged into a surge protector and I do not have the dust collector or anything else running off the machine. After checking connections and anything else I could think off I read the bitrunner start up manual again. Everything works, including the control pendant LED still lights up and the g code is good, but the router will not start, which indicated a blown fuse. Getting to the fuse is not the easiest thing but I did get it out. It doesn’t appear blown, but I figured I’d replace it. Finding one has been an issue. Seems there are hundreds if fuses of various sizes, voltage etc. I can find this specific one. Went to Ace Hardward, lots there but not this size, he sent be to an auto parts store, checked Home Depot and Lowes, same answer, I think I’ve found it on Amazon. Any other suggestions on sourcing or if this is the actual cause, or why it would happen. Thanks

Art - I had to replace mine once. Unfortunately i couldnt find just one fuse. But this package of 20 is fairly low cost.

Brand: AMPELE

(Pack of 20) 15A Fast-Blow Fuse 15Amp 250V Glass Fuses 0.2 x 0.78 inch / 5 x 20 mm (15Amp)(F15AL)

1 Like

Thanks Steve, have fuses ordered. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Still don’t know why if occurred. Art

Received the fuses, problem solved. Still have no idea what happened. Didn’t even know it had a fuse.

The v1 ones have no fuse. The later ones do have. Fuses sometimes blow for no apparent reason. The real reason may be voltage spikes from light company or the fuse was defective.

A prolonged voltage brown-out can cause the spindle/router to draw excessive/extra current trying to maintain RPM which could cause the fuse to blow.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m sure there were no power company issues. Everything is plugged into a surge protector. and nothing else in the house was effected. The machine is 2 years old so if the fuse was defective it took 2 years. But I have no other answers, so you could be correct.

I would like to give a shout out to the user manual supplied by Carbide3D. After checking all the obvious things, at least for me, near the end of the user manual is a troubleshooting page. It said "the fuse may be blown if, a- you know the G code is good, b-control pendant LED still lights up. My was lighting up. Then it gives a very detailed, with pictures, description of how to find the fuse and replace it. After that the hardest thing was finding where to get the fuse. That I discussed above.

1 Like