Brother I think I'm Done! Where are the Return Procedures

I believe that I am done with this mess. I have had issue after issue with no resolution. I honestly just wanted this thing to work and at best It might as well be a boat anchor. Please direct to the return and refund procedures.

1 Like

OK, I am going to eat a bit of Humble Pie! I will say this about my experience with my new ShapeOko Pro 5. I was expecting out of the box perfection for 5K. I don’t believe that is unreasonable. After, receiving my ShapeOko 5 pro, there were several issues. A controller box, a missing 1/8" collet for the compact router and a stepper motor that was bad. Again, my expectations were that I had 100% functionality out of the box. I honestly was ready to return everything and start all over. That being said, I would like to give a big thank you to Fleming, Eugene and William. Perhaps not as quick as I would have wanted but these three gentlemen worked diligently to resolve my issues. The ultimate culprit was a bad stepper motor and controller box, Fleming made sure to send me a replacements and walked me through the installation and setup. Fleming, thank you so much for all of your assistance. You actually saved me and Carbide 3D a lot of headache. This evening I was able to use my new system for the first time and it worked flawlessly. William, thank you for your contributions on the graphic that I sent. It cut with 100% exactness and looks amazing. Thank you so Much!!! So, I will not be returning my purchase, perhaps I was just a victim of Murphy’s Law. I look forward to a long relationship with Carbide 3D and hope that going forward, I have no more issues. Thanks again, to everyone who helped me get things squared away. All the best!, Douglas.

5 Likes

Glad you got it straightened out.
Hang in there and ask for help / advice when needed. There are a lot of very helpful folks on the forum. This is one of the best groups I have seen on the web.

3 Likes

Douglas,

Glad your machine is up and running. I had a similar issue with the 5 Pro purchased January 2024. Once I started using the customer support email to get past my on issues, they got my machine up to 100% operational (3 boxes later).

As frustrated as I was with it not operating out of the box (retired Army + expectations), this company has the best customer service team I’ve ran across in any market.

Once I asked for help and got connected with Eugene, he got machine parts replaced and knocked 3 months of learning the hard way out with a 10 minute screen share conversation .

Nate

2 Likes

They must give Eugene all the hard cases because I got him too lol. My Machine was down for a month (was not happy at all…) before I got him and he sorted it out. Eugene for employee of the decade.

1 Like