Build 514 Exporting G-Code No NC at End Mac

Went to use my XXL and saw that there were updates for CC and CM. I did both updates and created my project in CC. Saved file and exported the G-Code. CM is not recognizing the file. The file is greyed out. Post processors selected is Shapeoko with homing switches.

Mac OS 10.15.7
iMac

Thanks in advance.

I clicked on file and did get info and added the .nc to the end and it loaded. Going to run and see if it works. Will post if the file runs OK.

1 Like

This seems to be a sometimes issue on my Mac, not just restricted to the Carbide apps, where the file type needs to be stated, not inferred.

Thanks for the feedback. I have never had this happen before in all my yrs using Mac except for maybe once or twice.

At least I figured out what was happening.

I to have had this problem today after I updated CC thanks for the info I went back and added the .nc when I saved the gcode we will see if it works .I didn’t have this problem until the update on my Mac

You need to actually edit the filename, not the metadata.

1 Like

Your mention of the “Get Info trick”.

I don’t see how a filename with .nc couldn’t be seen by Carbide Motion.

Please post the file.

Do you have any other apps associated w/ .nc files?

Hopefully @robgrz can speak to file associations and extensions and how they interact with Carbide Motion and its File | Load dialog.

1 Like

Cutting Board Test.zip (881 Bytes)

When the file is generated the .nc is not added at the end. Right click on the file to get the GetInfo window and in name add .nc.

@MrGNY Why use the GetInfo dialog? Just add it directly to the file name in the desktop, saves clicks and mouse moving.

1 Like

No reason other than was seeing if it saw the file as something else. Seeing if permissions may have been changed. Troubleshooting 101.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.