Build area/sweepy size

Hello again,

So, I had a bonehead moment tonight on a 16” square of 3/4” Aspen. All stained and ready to carve…

I, without really thinking, put the stock in the middle of my shapeoko XL’s wasteboard. The entire v carve went great and I switched to the #201, only for the giant circle contour to move toward the top and just go straight across in a horizontal line instead of the top of the circle. I put my stock too far back and it couldn’t complete the circle.

With that being said, here’s why I did it and where my question is. My enclosure might be a tad too small as when I cut toward the front of the machine, the sweepy hits the plexiglass doors. I can open the doors up and cut, no big deal, but I’m wondering… is there another brand of dust boot that may be smaller? Or any other tips for this pickle I’m in.

Thanks!
Jordan

As an alternative if you are able to sacrifice a little bit of width, you can rotate the sweepy so the vacuum attaches to the left of the router, rather than poking out the front.

4 Likes

Oh that’s good to know! I didn’t think about that. I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.