Building a table for Shapeoko 3 XL

Is a 48" wide table wide enough for the printer and the drag chain?

The drag chain doesn’t hang off — the electronics enclosure projects a bit past the side (just enough that the box won’t fully cover an XL)

There’s a bit on the wiki: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

The official statement is: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

Footprint: 45″W × 24″L × 16″H [11]

Thank you for the feedback.

I’m leaning toward 48" wide by 30" in deep. That should give me enough room around the machine to add an enclosure later. I’m also planning to wire the table for power with a switch that supplies power to everything and a magnetic power switch for the router. I’ll make it mobile so I can push it out of the way when it’s not being used so it will make things easier if I just have one power cord to connect when I’m ready to use it.

It would have helped if I hadn’t switched my numbers from XL to XXL when I was posting — hang on, fixing that.

I was mainly concerned with the width which is the same for both.

Thanks

My XXL sits on a 48" x 48" table and it is just wide enough that the box does not hang off the side. The total width including the box is “just” under 48" wide in other words. Front to back I have some room.

Dan

1 Like

I just took the plunge and ordered the XL. Now I’m committed. I’ll have to clean up a corner of the garage and build the table this weekend so it’s ready. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

You already had the good luck finding Shapeoko! The rest is just the path to making what you want when you want!

1 Like