Cabide motion 635

When going through the set up new machine. I get to the initialization part and all it does is drop my z until it bottoms out. Not sure what’s going on with new motion.

It sounds like you’re calling out the wrong Z axis.

1 Like

I agree however I put all of the proper Machine information in throughout the the pop up walk trough. And it’s still dropping. I’m not sure how else to see what I’m doing wrong.

Yes I fallowed all the windows and put the correct info in for the machine. It’s the shapeoko 3 xxl with the z plus.

Alternatively, you can change the signal of the control board outputs to reverse the direction of an axis.
This is a bit tricky because whenever you do the machine setup wizard & send the default machine settings to the control board it will overwrite the custom parameter. So you have to write down & remember to change the parameter setting.

1 Like

I guess I need to back up a few steps. The machine ran just fine until I got a new computer, and had to install newest version of carbide motion. Would swapping wires around help with eliminating what the real issue is? or is that going to messing with something that isn’t really broken and could lead to more confusion?

This depends on what the previous configuration was.

Did you change any defaults before? Are you now upgrading to a Z-Plus from a belt-drive?

No the only thing that changed was my laptop and the newest version of carbide motion.

Maybe run the wizard setup again?
And, just to verify, you did send your selected machine configuration to the CNC during the setup?
Only thing I can see happening is that the parameter for the Z-axis direction got set wrong somehow.

1 Like

When you changed the laptop, you needed to run the setup wizard again. It’s likely that the wrong settings got downloaded to the machine at that point. Run the setup again to redownload the settings to the machine and pay particular attention to the Z axis selected. If you’re unsure of which one you have (and a lot of people are) post a pic here and we can confirm the configuration.

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the help. I was inputting the wrong configuration into the setup. you guys are awesome!

1 Like