"Calculating" never ends on contour toolpath

No matter which tool or object I select to create a toolpath for a contour cut, the results always say “calculating” and it never finishes. Simulation shows nothing where the area should be cutting. V Carve and Texture work fine. Again, no changes of bits/tool, small size or large size object to cut, etc seems to makes a difference. Any idea what is going on here? Thanks.

Please post the file and let us know which tools you are trying to assign to what geometry and we’ll do our best to work this out with you.

Thanks for your help. I’m using tool #102 in the tool library. Offset Direction is pocket, but changing this makes no difference either. Included is my project file.HA18 Hull160 v2.zip (655.1 KB)

A 1/8" endmill is too large to cut such small text — the selected circle is 1/8" (3.175mm) diameter:

Small text is best cut with a V carving toolpath: https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/carbidecreate/video-tutorials/#v-carving

which calculates quite quickly for this:

and previews well:

The new CC431 should do better in calculating such, giving up and reporting an empty toolpath when things won’t fit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.