So after lots of machine jogging I’ve settled with an initial set of calibration offsets. I ended up performing several iterations of motion back and forth across my measurement span to make the final tweaks.
From this collection of movements for each axis, I refined the calibration iteratively 3 times and that was my final setting (for now, that is).
My Z-axis was the most out of whack which wasn’t a surprise based on the play projects I’ve done so far. X and Y were dang close and now they are even closer. Thanks also to Carbide 3D support for sending out a Z-belt tensioning screw and sticker SWAG. It arrived today so I could finally get this done.
I used my existing Turlen dial with the magnetc stand linked in Winston Moy’s YouTube calibration video. It worked out nicely for X/Y as there’s lots of metal for the base magnet. The Z attachment was a little trickier as the SuckIt boot commandeers a lot of carraige real-estate, but with exact position it stayed on (I was too lazy to remove the dust boot attachment).