Can I change the G0 feedrate

I replaced my computer. With the new computer, the rapid movement is flying. I would guess the G0 command is running twice the speed that it was on the old computer. I have no idea why there is such a change in the rapid movement, but it’s so fast I’m concerned I wouldn’t have time to stop the machine if I needed to.

Is there some way I can change the rapid movement feed rate?

That’s your $110, $111, $112 settings for X, Y, and Z respectively.

1 Like

Most likely the change was from resending the defaults, see:

Sorry, but I have no idea where these setting are. From Williams post, I assume you’re talking about GRBL settings. Where are they located, can I change them with a text editor?

Launch Carbide Motion, connect to the machine, go to the MDI, type in the setting and the value one wishes to change, Send.

Will left something out. You go to the MDI interface and type $$ and enter and you see the values of all GBRL settings in the Shapeoko. You can check the 110,111 and 112 settings and you change them by typing the setting, “110=x” and so on. So the settings will be displayed by $$ in the log and you can set them to a new number, test and reset them lower or higher as necessary. It is trial and error until you get the speed you are comfortable with. After you set the parameters you can check with the “$$” and see that your values changed to the setting you wanted.

1 Like

Ok, I got it. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.