Can not get machine to detect

I have the shapeoko 3XL and everything was running fine but when I did the upgrade that’s when everything stop working. Cant get CMotion to detect the machine now. I’ve put a new controller board…wires…Z motor. All new parts and still nothing.

What version of CM are you using? It could be a bad board but has anything changed on your PC. You can go into control panel and look at your devices to see if the PC recognized your usb port. It is possible it is a computer problem.

I searched for control panel and then went into Devices & Printers. Then I picked devices. Here is a screen shot. I just powered up my Shapeoko and did not connect via CM. When I plugged up the usb cable I heard the Windows ding to indicate I had a connection.

If you pc does not see the Shapeoko neither will CM.

I think its going to be this new control board.
The blue light will not come on now.

I am having the same problem. Mine started with the spindle stop spinning mid job, then it would just disconnect from the controller after starting a run when it was time to start the spindle. I ordered a new control board after a lot of back and forth, hooking up the router, having nothing hooked up. once I received the new controller and hooked everything up it would not detect the controller. A new one is on the way and we will see if it works.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.