Can you cancel a BitSetter tool change?

The only option on the window is to proceed, and closing the dialog window also has the same effect. I don’t know that there is a typical use case for this, but it forced me to go hit the panic button as I didn’t have a bit loaded and didn’t want it to crash.

Since it’s monitoring the travel, would it have mechanically crashed? Would it have required re-initialization?

I don’t believe there is a way to cancel a BitSetter tool change currently. Even with the BitSetter, I still use individual files for each tool.

1 Like

Either it would have managed to set the tool offset against the collet, or it would have timed out on the plunge and gone into an error state.

Best thing to do is just pull they plug and start fresh from a known state (after installing an endmill).

I have managed a couple times where I missed the load new file button and accidentally hit load new tool. It was mostly a combo of the small touchscreen and not having the Windows scaling settings proper. But it would be a nice option to have a button to cancel the tool change for those kind of moments. In the end though I usually just have it to touch off anyways, so really it’s just a minor inconvience of a minute.

2 Likes

If you have a feed / hold button you can halt the movement of the router to allow you to install the bit of your choice. Not a cancel operation but you don’t have to start over.

I tested this at the initial reading taken by the system PRIOR to loading a file so there was nothing to click on but pressing the feed / hold button a second time allowed the machine to continue.

Bill

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.