Cant get project from Create to Motion

I’m new to all this, I was lent a Shapeoko. I down loaded the Carbide Create and Motion. When I go to Motion I can not find the file of a project I did from You Tube. But when I look in my files its there. Do you have to have Carbide Create Pro to get files to work in Motion? I was also having issues jogging machine to set zero, but update Motion and some other set up fixed that. I really at this point have no idea what I’m doing? any help would be awesome.

Which version of Carbide Create?

What version of Carbide Motion?

What type of file are you using for the toolpaths?

If you are using Carbide Create v7, then as noted at:

you will need an up-to-date version of Carbide Motion:

Thank you very much for the response! I thought I had most recent downloads, I’ll check tomorrow. 2 hrs of slamming my head on my work bench is enough for one day…again just getting started, plus not all that tech savvy. As long as Create Pro isn’t required, I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Then buy Pro when i can handle the easy stuff.

Now that I have downloaded newest Motion it will not let me jog to for left corner to zero machine. Same problem I originally had. The old program would let me jog, but not find project file. This finds the file, but can’t set to zero. What am I missing?

Have you configured for your machine type/size?

Please check in at support@carbide3d.com

Thank you. I did something like that, and seems to have worked.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.