Carbide 3d.com prices

@WillAdams why are v-wheels $8 for 2 but you van get the entire maintenance kit for 30 and it comes with 16 v wheels? Am i missing something? I just need some more wheels for ny 3xxl have plenty of everything else to spare but thought I would just ask. If I am. Ot missing anything I will for sure do the maintenance kit but wanted to ask here first.

At a guess, the rationale here is that we have to cover the time for the folks pulling, picking, and packing somehow — the less-expensive an item is, the more overhead impacts its costs.

I’m faintly surprised that we have the V wheels separate at all — but I guess that enough folks have asked for them apart from the Maintenance Kits that it was just the path of least resistance to add them to the shop (which is I believe, another expense in our shop software/contract).

1 Like

Makes sense to me with that breakdown! If nobody has told you lately us older customers and I am sure the newer ones as well really do appreciate you on this forum as much as you are! Thanks bud!

2 Likes

FWIW, for two different stretches of time I’ve worked in an Amazon Warehouse — it’s rather amazing how well they’ve managed to scale up the whole picking/packing/shipping thing (and beat up on the companies doing shipping in terms of prices) — but that tends to have a rather distorting effect on perceptions of pricing/value (says the guy who is so old that once upon a time he owned a book which had as its subject “Specialty Mail Order Catalogs” — my kids were quite amazed by it.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.