Carbide Compact Router Plunge Base

Would the Makita plunge base fit the Carbide compact router?

Hi @ispot,

The CCR dimensions are the same as the Makita, so it will work (not sure what you meant by “plunge base” though, the 65mm router mount?) EDIT: riiiight, plunge base as in, there are things beyond the CNC kingdom I should be aware of :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yes. I tried my Carbide Compact Router out in the base for my Makita RT0701C when I first got it — as @Julien noted, the diameter is the same and the rack/pinion mesh, so any accessory should work.

2 Likes

There is a plunge base available for the Makita. I am considering getting one as I have a second Makita in my shop for small/trim router work. https://www.amazon.ca/Makita-195563-0-Plunge-Base-RT0700C/dp/B00BCWA5PU/

3 Likes

Another source for this would be one of the other Makita clones:

1 Like

Would be almost worth getting the Grizzly with plunge base for $70 just for the base. Unfortunately Grizzly doesn’t deliver across the border.

Moreover, anyone who wants to use the spindle by hand should have a second unit — the mount threads are in aluminum and will wear out if constantly removing and reinstalling the thing.

1 Like

I have a number of Makita’s, both plastic and aluminum body. And I have one broken and one working Carbide3d clone. The Makita base will work, I’ve tested plunge, fixed, and plastic bases. However the fit and function are not perfect. All require adjustment between Carbide and Makita router, tighter for Carbide3d. The gear mesh on the fixed bases is not great, it does work, but it is not factory. Overall, in my opinion, the Makita router is superior. And for what it would cost to buy just a base, I’d simply buy the whole kit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.