Carbide Copper - Requests Please!

(Rob Grzesek) #1

Several people have mentioned wanting to see more updates to Carbide Copper when asked about Carbide Create. This is your chance, give us your top 5 requests for Carbide Copper.

2 Likes

Carbide Create Pro- What do you want to see?
(Neil Ferreri) #2

Top 5 in random order
(All of them, I think, are basic necessities)
Custom tools
Ability to export separate toolpaths for separate operations
Custom cut depth
Custom feedrate
Some way to identify and change where the WCS origin is

Bonus - features to make 2-sided boards
Bonus -Non-rectangular boards, should import from gerber
Bonus - Ability to save work and resume progress.

I found it promising, but limiting in those ways, so I haven’t used it much. It’s almost simple enough for my students to use (my hope), but I lose them when we have to chop up the gcode or find/replace.

2 Likes

(James Sebok) #3

We would love to be able to use files created in EasyEDA.

1 Like

(Rob Grzesek) #4

If you can share some gerbers from a project, we’ll check it out. We’d need a copper layer, a drill file, and a board outline file.

1 Like

(James Sebok) #5

Hi Rob, here is a Gerber file from EasyEDA. It includes top, outline and drill files. Thanks for taking a look at getting them to work with Carbide Copper. EasyEDA is already a part of our workflow, if we didn’t have to switch to Eagle, that would really help out. Thanks

Gerber_3w Bluetooth Speaker amp pcb_20190705130427.zip (45.1 KB)

1 Like

(Rob Grzesek) #6

The Beta build was just updated to allow you to upload your own board outline.

http://copperbeta.carbide3d.com/

2 Likes

(James Sebok) #7

Hi Rob, is your reply saying that the EasyEDA Gerbers will now work? I tried to upload the Gerber ZIP and the Individual Outline file and they are not accepted. Can you explain more on how it should work? Thanks!

0 Likes

(Rob Grzesek) #8

Not yet, we’re working on it with your files right now. It turns out that EasyEDA output uses more of the gerber standard than any other files we’ve received so we’re having to add more to the parser to get it working. Hopefully it’ll be done in a few days.

1 Like

(James Sebok) #9

Thanks for the update and taking on the challenge! Being able to use EasyEDA files is going to be so very helpful.

0 Likes