We just uploaded Beta 473 to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta/
This is one of the biggest change logs we’ve had to date. We were trying to keep all of the changes shallow but a few of them got away from us and there ended up being some deep changes made.
Let us know if you find any regressions from prior version and we’ll get them fixed.
(We’ll get the OSX version uploaded soon. We have an Apple Notarization problem right now but we didn’t want to delay the Windows version)
- (NEW) Contour select for toolpaths respects grouping
- (NEW) Rubber band selection change - select down and only items contained in the rectangle will be selected (if grouped, any single item will select entire group). Select up and anything intersecting the rectangle will be selected.
- (NEW) In node edit mode, an “empty click” will unselect all all nodes but not clear the selected objects. If no nodes are selected then the objects are unselected.
- (NEW) “N” key toggles node edit mode if one or more objects that support it are selected.
- (NEW) “F” key resets view to cover the job (design + stock). CTRL-F resets view to stock only.
- (NEW) SVG/DXF import command now remembers last directory used. (Separate from normal file open/save directory)
- (NEW) After SVG/DXF import, view is reset to show full job.
- (NEW) Text tool ensures that new text will be dropped into current view.
- (NEW) Less polyline simplification/reduction for imported DXF files.
- (NEW) Tool numbers can now be up to 999999.
- (NEW) Internal checking and error messages if an OpenGL error is detected.
- (NEW) View->Reset View now resets the 3D view as well.
- (NEW) View->Fit to Window.
- (NEW) View->Use High Resolution Simulation. The “Checked” value keeps the quality at the same level we’ve been using. “Unchecked” reduces the triangle count for system with constrained GPU’s or GPU memory. (It’s also much faster)
- (FIX) Bug where selection state not properly set when importing an SVG file.
- (FIX) Selection will not be cleared if shift is held and the cursor is clicked on nothing.
- (FIX) Potential selection optimization for complicated designs.
- (FIX) Multiple curve nodes can be selected with rubber band.
- (FIX) When polylines are created with the curve tool, nodes now properly set as “sharp”.
- (FIX) Math for importing splines in DXF files was changed. Seems more correct but we’ll see in practice.
- (FIX) Open vectors in DXF files were forced closed.
- (FIX) Better DXF ellipse handling.
- (FIX) Implemented Extrusion Direction handling for arcs in DXF. Other element types probably need this too but until we have a file that fails for testing, we’ll leave them as is.
- (INTERNAL) Changes to main window layout mechanics to get ready to remove the abomination that it QML
- (INTERNAL) Reworked some of the OpenGL code for simulation and 3D model rendering