Carbide Create Beta 630

We just uploaded CC 630 to: https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta

Big changes include:

• (NEW) Added a number of warnings about toolpaths without any vectors applied to them.
  • (NEW) Edit->Select->Select Small Regions command to select closed vectors below a certain size.
  • (NEW) Estimated rapid time included toolpath time estimates.
  • (NEW) Better toolpath linking for Advanced V-carve toolapaths.
  • (NEW) Added a few standard fonts that will be in every release and operating system. All begin with “Basic” in the name.
  • (NEW) V-carve and Advanced V-carve toolpaths now force the user to pick a V-cutter.
  • (FIX) Empty toolpaths now show “EMPTY” instead of < 2 minutes.
  • (FIX) When importing a C2D file with hidden layers, even the hidden objects were selected.
  • (PRO) Fixed problem where importing a texture could be merged into the model wrong if the mode was “Subtract”.
9 Likes

We just added CC631 to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta

• (NEW) Info section on left pane. Currently shows the number of selected items and overall size.
  • (FIX) Additional warning when items are selected before running Select Small Regions command.

I think that the first item will be something that’s really useful for imported SVG designs where you can’t fully figure out how many vectors are in there.

8 Likes

Nice! Really nice feature!

Looks great Rob.

Any chance of getting the Layers dialog box moved into that left pane also? Maybe not let it show until the user taps the “L” key as if working with more than one layer.

3 Likes

We’re aware that people want that, but we need to take the time to see how that could have an effect on other editing that can be done to items that are currently selected.

I think all of the other selection bugs that we’ve fixed lately have gotten us better insight than we had a few months ago, but it’s not something we’re ready to do right now for fear of unintended consequences.

3 Likes

Love the recent beta’s new features and fixes. Especially the new info section. Great addition. One day maybe a “notes” section can be added with the ability to export notes to a .txt file. Keep up the great work y’all are doing.

2 Likes

That’s absolutely something that we plan on adding. The “notes” feature is waiting until we’re ready to make a more substantial change to the file format for other features.

8 Likes

That is awesome news. It will be a great enhancement. I know it’s not directly related to creating a product like vectors and tool path enhancements, but it will def help in the overall “project” of things. I am looking forward to it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.