Carbide Create Ctrl C does not copy to PC Clipboard

When I use Ctrl C to copy an object the copied object is not in the Windows clipboard. If there any chance that in the future this could be in the system clipboard. I make presentations and would like to copy objects into the presentations. Since CC does not have anything but export as an svg and that is not always a good image I would like to use the copied objects in other applications.

In what way does an exported SVG not match the object in the drawing area in Carbide Create?

EDIT: A suggested work-around is to use a screen capture program

FWIW, I re-drew the Carbide Create interface to create some of the screengrabs at:

https://willadams.gitbook.io/design-into-3d/2d-drawing

The exported svg has cut off edges and would be simpler if curing a Ctrl C it also exported to the system clipboard. Additionally objects outside the material are often cut off even though I select “Visible” objects or have selected all objects on the screen.

I can use the snip application in windows to capture the parts I want but it is extra work that would seem a simple fix to export to the clipboard.

I would think there’s a resolution issue if you use a screen capture. CTRL-C stores the object itself (in full detail), whereas the screen capture is just pixels - at whatever resolution you have your screen. I would think snipping is apples and oranges, depending on what you want to do with the copied object.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.