Carbide Create Doesn't Recognize All My Fonts -- Mac --

I have a ton of fonts installed on my Mac running OS 10.13.6 and from what I see Carbide create will let me use all of them. Mind you I have not tried all 478 fonts I have installed (lifetime of adding them when I did desktop publishing and 3D logos) but so far I have not had an issue with any including stencil font.

Also you might try the latest build of CC as it seems easier to use with fonts (more intuitive the way it works).

1 Like

Omg you’re a genius. I have been struggling with this for some time and this was the answer. Absolutely made my day

Hi guys,

Having trouble with fonts in Carbide. You can see here we’ve a TTF font installed in Windows and usable in Word and other applications but not showing up in Carbide Create.

The strange thing is that I have other fonts I installed ages ago that show up in Carbide. Just none of the new ones I’ve installed in the last few days, which makes me think there might be an update issue.

I have closed Carbide Create and restarted the PC and even tried more “normal” fonts but none of the new fonts are showing up in Carbide.

Any help much appreciated.

Dakota Irish

There is a limit in the number of fonts which QT can access — if you exceed that limit uninstall fonts which aren’t needed.

Fonts are only used if the OS makes them available to all users — be sure you are using that option when installing/activating them.

There is a Carbide Create/fonts folder you can access using About | Open Data Directory — fonts placed in that folder will be at the top of the font menu the next time Carbide Create is launched.