Carbide Create Pro - Free For a Year

Took me a bit, I’ve just got a used Windows Surface pro V2 I’m trying to set up as my CNC display/computer as my laptop has been appropriated by my Daughter for her work computer as she’s working from home for the time being like many others.
So I tried logging in though my Surface and then using phone to authenticate. No go, error several times. So I ended up logging into gmail on the surface and it went bingo the first time. I didn’t follow correct link, so I got the 30 days. and then said WTH, and then realized I needed to use proper link.
Went back and did it again, and in 5 minutes had pro up and running. Thanks! I’m having issues with trying to design on the Surface, but that comes with the territory I guess. It DOES run Motion fine, I haven’t done anything but test, but seems to work with no issues.
THANKS again!

1 Like

Thanks so much!! I cant wait to get started!! Ive been considering upgrading for a few months or so, but needed some time to try some projects with Pro version. So this works out well.

Again Thanks! You guys are awesome!!!

First off, hope everyone is doing well and will come through this crisis better than going in.
Second, Thanks to Carbide 3D for such a generous offer!

Mac user here, successfully registered and obtained license. However, having troubles actually downloading the install file. I’ve tried on both Chrome and Safari with no luck. I browse to https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/pro/ and click the big green button, and the page goes a little gray as if something’s about to happen - but it never does. I have this same behavior in both browsers I’ve tried. I did confirm solid internet access (1Gbps fiber) so I’m wondering if I’m missing something or if the C3D servers are just being inundated with requests.

Ultimately I’ve been looking for something like this and will likely happily purchase a full-blown license assuming I can get this to work.

Thanks in advance!

can you access https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/download/ and download it there ? “Pro” uses the same installer/program as non-Pro, it all happens inside the program where you’ll enter a registration code.

1 Like

SUCCESS! THANK YOU!

And thanks for such a quick response!

1 Like

Thank you so much on your generous offer, i’m looking forward to a new challenges with the cnc router wood machining processes ! I am amateur in this area, have some decent knowledge with Emco CNC Mill and Turn 3 axis machines, so i believe it will help me a lot in the future! I am very gratefull to CC Community for sharing this free licence.

Best regards,
Alex

Update: It looks like we’re finally getting the Yahoo/AOL/etc. email’s taken care of so backlog for the last 12 hours or so should slowly start getting delivered to those addresses.

Update 2: Or maybe not. Looks like Yahoo has already banned our new IP.

1 Like

Radical idea, perhaps. Perhaps just post a generic license, licensed to “Loyal C3D Community Member”, for 1 year here in the forum?

I understand you’ll reduce your email list and signups though.

We thought about a single license file or just putting a date into the CC Builds themselves but part of this giveaway is that it’s a good way to test and shake down the license system.

3 Likes

Good point. It’ll need to work nicely at some point (I had no trouble if you need a ‘it worked!’ point on your scatterplot :slight_smile: )

edit: Three different usages of “point” in one reply :slight_smile: … very happy indeed.

OK, stupid question here. I’m not as tech savy as I used to be, but when I downloaded the pro, there were only 2 links to click. One said try free for 2 weeks so I did that one. Now I want to save G code, but can’t.
Can anyone help me to delete the 2 week trial and get the one year free? I’m hoping I can save G code on that one.
Thanks, Joe

Go to https://launch.carbide3d.com/promo and then use your new codes to enable Pro for a year. The email you receive will have a link to a youtube video with additional information.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will give it a try when my current cut finishes.

It worked!!
Thank you so much!!!
This is such a great thing Carbide is doing during these interesting times.

I haven’t had the opportunity to really dig into the pro version yet. So, can anyone give me the quick cliffs notes version of the upgrade? What does it do/ allow over the standard Carbide Create?

It allows you to model 3D shapes and mill them (while with regular CC you are limited to 2.5D toolpaths)

1 Like

Thank you, this is a very nice thing to do. I’m sure it’ll cut into your first year’s revenue, so extra thanks! Better than the occasional free days from the competition, and you don’t even randomly change grbl’s $102 on other vendors routers (bug, not feature).

Must be pretty popular if you’re hitting email limits

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-jCQrYj1I

Just the sort of tutorial I have been looking for, many thanks. I was beginning to think that I had bitten off more than I could chew with the Pro version.
I just need to learn how to play a youtube video in slow motion.

More detailed videos to follow in the coming weeks.

2 Likes