Carbide Create V7 Beta

Dear Rob,

I had created a file yesterday with v6. I opened the CC v7 and saved the toolpaths in the c2d file. Went to the Shapeoko with the proper version of CM and opened the c2d file and saw the preview of the tool paths. All fine up till this point.

Occasionally I get a disconnect. With V6 versions of toolpath I had an option to go in and edit gcode file to start where my disconnect happened (Close). With the V7 if I get a disconnect how can I edit the gcode since it is embedded in the c2d file and I dont have a Pro license.

Will I just have to run the entire file over or is there a way to start at a predetermined point? Or will I have to buy a Pro license to edit my gcode.

1 Like

13" with the dock on the left side

I really like what you have added so far. I have it downloaded but not yet tried it out.
I always keep the previous version on my computer, just in case.
I am particularly looking forward to the “REST Machining” feature.
CC keeps getting better and better. Keep it coming. You guys ROCK! Just in case you have programmers of the female persuasion, You Girls ROCK too!
No wishes to offend inadvertently.

Thanks!
Eric

1 Like

When saving files in the new V7, I am only seeing CCPro can save a Gcode File. Is this correct?

I think we’re going to need to add a scroll window on the left, I’ve noticed that too on one computer I have. I just wasn’t sure if it would affect anyone else.

You can export the gcode from CM and then edit it if you want with nothing more to buy.

Also, one of the big thing that we plan to add to CM is the ability to restart the program from any line. We couldn’t really do that before, we had to make a lot of changes to CM to allow that, which was one of the reasons for all of the CM changes a couple of months ago.

Ultimately, yes. Check out my original post at the top of this thread for more details.

2 Likes

I make lake depth boards with hanging on the back. Will this single save format still allow me to save multiple (separate) tool paths? Was I not reading far enough into this new save format? Photos for reference

Yes, a single .c2d file can have many toolpaths in it.

That’s pretty simple, make it part of the license for using the software and every time it’s used a banner that says something to the effect that any support is other users in the forum and no phone/email support is included. I’d pay $50 if V7 works out.

Yes. You can save multiple toolapths into a single file, or create multiple files with different toolpaths enabled in each one. The larger workflow or process is unchanged. The only difference is that they’d each be a C2D file, not a G-code file.

I’d say if one has paid for a Shapeoko Pro XXL, one had already paid for the license to output Gcode.

Not gonna say anymore till I cool jets a little bit. I may be misinterpreting what the intent is.

1 Like

There are times I have several toolpaths for a single vector file and may want to have a seperate Gcode for each. Is the C2D file gonna save every one of them?

The “Save Toolpath” button in V7 gives you the option to save the toolpaths in the current file, or in a new C2D with a new name. If you choose the latter, the workflow should be unchanged from V6, it’s just a change to C2D files to go to the machine, not G-code.

1 Like

To better express myself, suppose I have a file with raised lettering for a project. Then I create a second toolpath group and have the same file with recessed lettering. The intent is to have a Gcode file for each. How is this handled in CC V7?

The save toolpath button would let you create new C2D files for each, without changing the current file, if that’s what you’re looking for. Try it out, we put a lot of thought into keeping the workflow unchanged.

1 Like

I am attempting to try it out. I want the DOC set to .0625 but it only set to .062?

So here is an example. Without having to go out in my garage and hookup my laptop to the Pro XXL, how am I to review the files to see how they run. I like to run the gcode through a simulation. From what you say I can’t do this without going through CM to output gcode. You can’t run CM without a machine connected?
Yes, I can go back to V6 but that isn’t progress.
Test Home.c2d (364 KB)

Will the new version of Carbide Motion be able to open G-Code files, such as those created by MeshCam? I suspect the answer is yes, but just wanted to make sure.
Michael

Yes, the G-code functions in Carbide Motion are unchanged. It will continue to load G-code from any CAM software that was previously supported.

1 Like

Sorry, when you referenced a “gcode file” above I took that to mean a file with a file with a toolpath, which is what I meant by separate C2D files. (You can ignore my reply generally because I misread your question) CCV7 will not output G-code directly unless you have a Pro license.

If you’d like to pick and choose which to use by project, you can keep both installed on your computer and they should not interfere with one another.

1 Like

Dear Rob

I tried to save the gcode file but it seems to want to just save it to an existing c2d file and not a .nc file, I am a non Pro user.

I have a Shapeoko 3XXL using the v7 Beta and CM 565. In the preview on the gcode tab there is a option to save gcode and it saves it as a existing c2d file and does not seem to want to create a new c2d file.
You will have to be careful not to overwrite your original c2d file that is both c2d and gcode. So do you need to “Save As” another file name prior to saving the gcode only file into the newly created c2d file?