Carbide Motion 428 / HDZ / Suckit

Added a video of sample run using 4 tool changes from aspire with the post processors uploaded by neilferreri
I’ve tried three of them and they all work. Just put in the my post processor folder and select one to use. The one provided by Vectric doesn’t allow multiple tools in one file. Oh, I apologize in advance for poor iPad video.

Tool Change

Thank you for the video John, I’m just curious if the speed was set the same on all bits because you were requested to set the speed only at the beginning during tool changes.

I think that is the speed I have in all of my tools, Dewalt min speed as the default. I know on this junk trial I didn’t change anything. I’ll go see what it does with a change

Well dang it, it picks up the first speed. And at the end, it displays that same speed… doesn’t change for each.

Yeah that is what I was wondering, I wonder if it is in the GCode or if CM does not see it.

I received a reply from Carbide Support:

Hello Luc,

Thank you for taking the time to point that out here. Development is aware of it and it will be addressed in a future build. Keep an eye out for it in the release notes.

Thank you

@luc.onthego - is the reply in reference to the crash w/ HDZ checked?

Yes, it had to do with the HDZ crashing when using the rapid position when the ears were installed.

I emailed support but you guys need to pull 428 with this crash or at least put a warning on the download page. I downloaded 428, lost the Z config, I had the suckit dust boot wings and it crashed on the left side of the gantry.

Support just told me not to use the left 3 far rapid positions, which I don’t like. You need to pull it or put a warning on the page. You new unsuspecting clients ordering the new probe is not going to be happy when it drives the gantry into left side. I was the unsuspecting client and I wasn’t too happy to find this error.

I am holding of using your new probe until you fix it, which I hope is soon. Kind of disappointed in your release and lack of seeing this in your testing. I use my Shapeoko all the time and you hope when releases are released they are seen some run time.

Please make it right,

And when do we expect to see a possible new release.
Thanks

While I don’t disagree that there should be a warning on this but if you do not use the rapids on the right and your workpiece is within the safe work area, there is no reason to not use the probe, the two have no relationship.

1 Like

Anyone fancy trying this?

1 Like

I’ll try it tonight & post results.

Reported in the other thread, it works but basically I’m losing an inch on each side as it is reverting back to pre-HDZ work area. I may enable HDZ and get the extra 2in in width and lose the W rapid on the left hand side. I don’t have my bitsetter yet, it was delayed yet again and it is still out for delivery so I did not have a chance to try that.

I’m not sure I follow.

We can’t change the dimensions of the Suckit, you can either use a suckit and revert back to standard travel distances or not use a suckit and gain the travel…

1 Like

Well I have the ears setup on the first set of holes as I have the small mount so it may be why I still have an inch on each side

When @luc.onthego sets his machine up in CM as “without HDZ”, he’s losing the benefit of the gained workspace on the X.

2 Likes

If you are using the suckit there is no gained space - the ears take it away.

If you don’t have a suckit you can use the machine as normal and you should have the added 2"

2 Likes

The series of steps posted here [HDZ/Suckit Users - Addressing rapid coordinates X bouncing] worked. Rapid positions stop at the original non-HDZ locations, and I can’t jog into the rails.

I took off my left side suckit ear, it still crashed into the left when using the left rapid positions.
I have the HDZ installed and updated the setting when I upgraded to 428.