Carbide Motion 618 Issue

So today I finally decided to purchase Carbide Create Pro and while at it I figured I’d go ahead and down load Carbide Motion 618. Main screen looks different of course and when asked I powered on my Shapeoko Pro and went through the steps and I get to a screen that tells me to wait while it finds and/or connects to my machine. I waited for over 15 or 20 mins and nothing changed. During this time I was getting a little nervous :grimacing: so I started googling about issues and I see one post where WillAdams posted that you could revert back to the previous build. So I killed it, turned off my Shapeoko Pro, reverted back to Build 582 and everything is working now.

Anyways is this common? Does it take 30 mins or longer for Carbide Motion to find your machine? Because everything on mine is connected but it was just sitting dead. If this isn’t normal is this issue along with the other reported issues being worked on here?

Shapeoko Pro
Carbide 3D VFD Spindle
Carbide Create Pro

Have not had issues on my windows machine.

I’m running windows as well. Not sure of the issue myself.

Stupid question. When you loaded, there is a windows download that occurs at the end. Did you let it complete?

1 Like

No worries about stupid questions, I’m not one to take offense to anything being broken down lol. But yes it did complete and everything looked as it was going to go but no go. Main screen did look different and unlike previous builds I’ve used it required setup.

I can try again and I’ll try grabbing screenshots tomorrow or a video clip and upload them.

Thanks

Try the beta?

https://carbide3d.com/carbidemotion/beta

There have been some strange reports of folks having trouble w/ 6xx, where reverting to 582 works — if you could take a moment to:

• test the beta
  • if the beta has the same problem, go to Start Menu | type “sysinfo”, run the System Information tool, and save the output from that somewhere that you have write permission for using your last name and first name as a .txt file and send that in to support@carbide3d.com

it might provide a clue (to one of the folks who can read through that and make heads/tails of it)

Thanks Will, I’ll download the beta here shortly and give it a go, if I have any issues I’ll grab my info and send it over them. I’ll report back here in a couple hours what I find. Thanks :blush:

did you let it install the c++ driver files?

Yes, definitely as I remember it popping up and I let everything finish. Yesterday and last night I didn’t get a chance to try anything as I’ve been dealing with some family stuff because of the recent winter weather we had here in Knoxville this past week. Tomorrow I should have a chance to try and download again to see what happens. If no go then I’ll do the beta per Will and see what happens. Thanks

Ok so today before attempting the beta I figured I would try to install Carbide Motion Build 618 but still a no go. I still get to the screen Wait for Connection/Wait for Reply by Machine… I waited for 10 mins and nothing at all. Everything goes through on install but I’m stuck here. My fiancé is an IT wizard so she’s gonna run the install tomorrow and check to see where the hang up might be and I’ll report back with a screenshot. If we can’t get it rolling then I’ll try the beta per Will.

Hi, so I had my fiancé check everything out and I feel stupid, but she fixed it in like 1 minute lol. Sorry but computers and IT isn’t my forte lol. So, my issue is I kept coming to the screen that says Wait for Connection… and wait for reply from machine… I was thinking you were not to hit the button Connect to Machine until the Wait for Connection and Wait for reply from machine went away and that maybe it popped up your machines model or something and then you clicked Connect to Machine lol. I feel like a complete idiot - sorry but it was super simple, and I over think everything lol.

So, I am on 618 now and up running. Tested everything and everything looks great so far. Thank you everyone for my overthinking and everything. Sorry about that and appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.