Carbide Motion 657

Our Linux build computer got hosed during an update, so we need to get a new one setup.

I don’t think the Linux build will get rebuilt on every release (for now), but will get updates when the builds are stable and temporarily feature complete. I don’t know if I’ve described that well, but hopefully the gist is clear enough.

Personally, I’d like to add CC builds for Linux if we can manage the additional platforms.

We do plan to move all of the downloads behind a login page in the semi-near future, and that’s probably when we add the Linux and Pi builds next to Windows and Mac for full visibility.

To preempt the login-anger, this is an attempt to solve a support problem. People update software before getting back into using their machine, forget how to use the machine, blame the update for all of their problems, and then want to go back to the old version. So this lets them (and us) have a log of what versions they’ve used before.

That’s a little more than what you asked, but hopefully that gives a fuller picture of our plans.

TL;DR- if this build looks good next week, I’ll try to make sure we get a Linux build soon. Hit me up if we seem to be slacking on that.

6 Likes