Carbide Motion Feature Requests

Here are 2 features I would really like to see in Carbide Motion:

1. Ability to change tool change location - I know this one has been asked for before, but it is a serious pain to do tool changes in my enclosure. The current tool change location is right by the right door hinge which makes maneuvering wrenches and the like difficult.

2. Framing - This is a feature from Lightburn that I absolutely love. Basically after loading a GCode file read the maximum and minimum X and Y positions used in the file. When a button is pressed prompt the user to double check that Z is at a safe height above the work piece. If they say OK, move the tool head in a rectangle around from Xmin,Ymin to Xmin, Ymax to Xmax,Ymax to Xmax, Ymin and back to Xmin, Ymin within the current X zero Y zero coordinate system. This would show the bounding box for the Gcode and potentially prevent issues like tool breakage on clamps and the like as well cutting outside the stock. Very handy feature.

4 Likes

I agree with Item #1. I have a 5Pro 4x4, and the bit change location is directly above the aluminum. I dropped my 60 bit out of the collet, and it landed on the aluminum. If I the collet were above the MDF it be much better for me.

1 Like

Yeah I have taken to putting a silicone bowl I have for glue under it for that very reason.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.