Carbide motion file not cutting as it shows in Carbide Create......bottom of conversation

Hey guys,

Just put together my Shapeoko 5 pro with a VFD and I keep getting this error message.

How to correct this ?

The project you have loaded into CM is indicating you will cut outside the machinable area. Your zero settings may be the issue or the machine type you selected when you set up CM.
Can you send the file you are cutting so we can look at it?

1 Like

I deleted it. It was just a basic cut test of a circle. But it seems to do it every time I try to do a test cut. I’m lost at what I’m doing wrong. I’ve followed all the set up instructions.

Any suggestions? Should a make another test cut file to show you what I’m doing and what screen would you like a picture of ?

The C2D file if you can send it if it happens again.

Just doing flattening of my waste board and I got the same type of error. I had the Zero called out for center of my piece and zeroed at the lower left corner.

So I zeroed at the bottom left that message went away now I get a “project will retract above top of machine “ . It says the program zero is 2.5mm to high for the Z+

Zeroed everything out got it to cut but it only does a shot line then shuts off. All I want it to do is cut a small 5x5 square in .25in material and it can’t do that. Im not sure how much more basic of a cut I can make to to just do some test.

Post the .c2d file and step-by-step notes on how you are securing your stock and setting zero relative to the stock and a photo showing a setup?

1 Like

As you can see in the screenshot below, I have Retract set to .125. Drawing up my design, and looking at the simulation, I can see the path the bit will take. I try to make sure it will clear my clamps. .125 will improve the time the “Z” is moving.

I need to see your design to comment fully.

1 Like

I just wanted to thank you guys for the help and insight. I’m new to all this . I do run a laser engraving business with a 100w CO2 and a 50w fiber . This is the new addition to the family !

So all I’m trying to cut is a small shape out of some foam I have. To secure it I use clamps and some weights to lay on it .

Here are pictures of my settings and what not. Unfortunately I can’t post videos. My machine will start the project do the bottom left curve then the whole bottom to the far right curve then stop. That is where I’m having a problem. You can see the blue line in the photo that is the path it does then stops.

I used the same setting but made a smaller shape and it stops half way. Just shuts off. You can see the other shape I had in there and that’s as much as it cut then shuts off .

There has to be something I’m not clicking before I start but I don’t know because I’ve followed every video to the T and still just shuts off.

Why does it show up like this?

The image shown where the cut is “short”, did you send the file from CC to CM or did you load the file in CM from your hard drive? That image is reminiscent of an error importing to CM from CC.

When this came up on support the diagnosis was that an older version of Carbide Create was being used, and the file was being converted into G-code and not all of it was transferred.

The fix should be to update to the current Carbide Create and Motion which transfers the .c2d file which in the new format should only work if a compleat transfer occurs.

Thanks Will!! much appreciated on the quick response. One of the main reasons I went with you guy on purchasing a CNC .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.