Carbide Motion Icon

Hello all. I am a newbie to the Forum. First post, yada, yada…

So, I noticed on the wiki page, that one of the future wants/upgrades to the Carbide software, is a new Icon to differentiate between Carbide Create and Carbide Motion. I just wanted to share a few icons that I made to differentiate between the two on my PC. I’m pretty picky so it took me a few tries before I settled on a design. I do want to mention that I did not initially get permission from Carbide 3D to use their Logo, but I did send one of the designs to the support Email on the site and a nice young lady named Meg, suggested that I share it on the Forum. So here I am. One icon is the Shapeoko 3 XXL with no background, which I used in place of a folder icon. One is the Carbide Motion Logo with the pic of the machine in the background, (its hard to see as a small icon), and the last one is the one I used for the program, I basically made a silhouette of the Shapeoko and put it in the original icon. Anyway, here are pics of the Icons, if they upload properly.
Btw, I wasn’t allowed to upload the actual icon files, because the file type isn’t supported.

Carbide Motion greenShapeoko 3 xxl machine icon

6 Likes

Since the software is also used for the Nomad, my thought on this has always been that when connected, the connected machine (SO3, XL, XXL, Nomad) should show through on the icon.

1 Like

The Nomad never crossed my mind. Something like that would definitely be ideal. Hopefully the engineers think of that too. Thanks for the feedback Will.

1 Like