Carbide motion load new file crash

Program comes up, I can initialize, jog and go to settings. As soon I push load new file, it crashes. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled both cc and cm. I even pushed that little reset button on the controller, nothing…

Please post the file or send it in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

Crashes where?
These things usually happen when:

• There is extra geometry selected in your toolpaths

• Work Zero doesn’t match what you programmed

• Scaling issues (inches when expecting mm)

As @WillAdams said, share the file and/or gcode.

1 Like

There is no file, I never get that far. It crashes before files come up to chose.

Do you have some utility loaded which alters how the file dialog works?

Is this on Mac OS X or Windows? Which version? Fully patched and up-to-date?

Try rebooting, checking for updates, shutting down and waiting a bit and restarting, then making a new user account w/ admin privileges and see if the program works in the new account.

I don’t get that far, as soon as I push the button to load new file. Usually your files come up so you can load the file, then you open. As soon as I start carbide motion, I initialize. Then I press “load new file”, then it shuts off before I get to even pick a file.

It is windows 10, I have tried all of that but not a new user account w/admin privileges. Is there a procedure on that somewhere?

Oops, I thought you meant the machine physically crashed. Disregard my previous comment.

Please see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d

It is working, thank you. Some other program interference.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.