Carbide Motion lost all data

I was using Carbide Motion build 618 and the battery on my Surface Pro tablet died while running a part on my Shapeoko Pro XXL. The machine sliced right through the part which was an unpleasant surprise. I would’ve thought that losing signal from the controlling machine would have at worst just caused the cutter head to retract and stop moving. Then when I plugged the tablet in and started it back up, Carbide Motion had lost all of the set of data on my machine. The zeros had all been wiped out and even the Bitsetter option had been disabled (box was unchecked) which was really surprising.

Has anyone else experienced that or something similar?

I’m pretty confident that I’m going to have to go through the entire Carbide Motion setup process again.

That just happened to me today. I was in the middle of a run and the connection was lost. When I couldn’t reconnect, I noticed that “Set Up Machine” was an option at the bottom of the screen. This was the only option as the machine configuration was lost. Only time I’ve seen this.

Yeah. Kinda feels like adding insult to injury.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.