Carbide Motion not finishing pocketing operation

carbide motion has stopped before completing a pocketing operation (it just stops and gives me the “connect to cutter” screen. It’s done this 3 times and always stops at a different point in the operation.
I thought I might have a loose wire someplace but I couldn’t find any. Has anyone else seen this problem and if so how did you fix it?

This is likely an EMI disconnect — let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to help.

It sounds like there’s an issue with the connection between your computer and the machine. For me, replacing the USB cable helped.

I’d recommend talking to Carbide 3D support, they should be able to help you out.

do you think I have emigrated cross talk In the wires?

If by cross-talk you mean EMI from a router power cord run close to the stepper motor wires, possibly — that’s why we no longer recommend running the spindle power cord along the drag chain.

Was happened to me ! You need to ground everything and split the router cable from other cables must for sure ground you vacuum Add antistatic hose it’s mostly the magic of static problems ( so burn the witch :woman_mage: ) :smile:

turns out when I disconnected the hose to my shop vac everything was fine. So it must have been the static electricity from the shop vac hose that was causing the problem. Now I have to clean up by hand instead of using the dust collector in a boot.
Many thanks for the input guys.

there are ways to ground dust hoses…

1 Like

can you give me some examples please

Easiest way is to just purchase a dust extractor which grounds through the hose, having a hose with a carbon-infused plastic, or add such a hose and work out where it should be grounded to.

Alternately, run a bare wire the length of the hose, secured appropriately at the machine end, and grounded in a fashion appropriate to the workings of the vacuum at the other.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.