Carbide motion not working

I have a very weird problem. Have used a windows 7 laptop top on my machine for over a year. Switched to a windows 10 laptop as I wanted to reload 7 due to an activation error. Put the 7 machine back on a week later with carbide motion 537. It homes ok. When I try to jog to the right or left It moves one step in the opposite direction. Same when going back or forward. The Z axes moves correctly and full travel. Went back to 536 and it does the same thing. Put the 10 machine back on and it works just fine. The 7 computer works fine by itself. Any ideas from you computer guys?

CM537 requires Windows 8 or newer.

If you have a machine w/ Grbl 0.9, and a computer running Windows 7 you can use CM316 (please update if possible though).

Then why did it run fine with 536 before?

Found my problem. In the settings machine set for 3xxl and leadscrew. X and y were set at 5mm, z at 100mm. Don’t know why this was true on both 536 and 537. I had loaded the same program on the windows 10 and it was ok. Computers, mainly software are enough to keep you awake at night.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.