Sorry I was late to the party… I got it installed on my surface running Ubuntu.
I got it loaded and running on the gControl Panel computer I bought after setting up a dual boot option with Linux Mint. I haven’t tried it yet. I will wait until the 5.1Pro is set up.
I am running CM on Kubuntu (from a USB attached Seagate Backup drive) on an older MacBook Pro that no longer gets MacOS updates. I have run multiple hours worth of cutting and have had no issues or disconnects. Very satisfied with this setup.
I was able to setup Linux Mint on my old Surface 3 and run it on that. Very nice use for a device that was bound for the garbage otherwise.
@robgrz I hope you all decide to continue moving forward with this project!
Is there an updated flatpak for Motion? When I run flatpak update. I get three EOL warnings. I’ve also had problems getting my new pendant to talk to the app.
Alternatively, I’ve been successfully running Create Pro natively with Wine on both my shop’s Ubuntu-based Mint Linux computer and my office’s Arch-based ChachyOS computer. I can’t get Motion to talk to Shapeoko 5 when running on Wine, though. Anyone have any tips?
I use Linux Mint almost exclusively. I have W10 on my office PC, but two Mint variations are there too. I have a switch panel on the front of the PC Tower, made just for this application, that allows me to select different hard drives. I can shut it down, select a different drive, and boot another OS. This avoids all the overhead and issues of dual booting. My garage PC is a Lenovo desktop, running W10. About the only reasons I use W10 are for Carbide Create and Motion, Aspire, Lightburn, and my 3D slicing program. Were it not for these items, W10 would become an almost never situation. I HATE MS, and W11 is a total abomination. ANY Carbide software that would run under Linux Mint, or other Linux Distro would be a wonderful development. Mint is a fabulous and well-developed Os which and be dowloaded from linuxmint.com. It is totally free and well supported.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
