Carbide Motion skipping steps

I designed a project with Carbide Create. Then went into Carbide Motion and loaded it. Set my zeroes. Loaded the first tool and started the project. It ran good until the first tool change. Once it got to thhat point the head just kind of hung in the air spinning. The status on the screen said “T112”, which was the next tool to be loaded. I assumed it needed the next tool but the change tool dialog did not pop up. The pause button had a disabled look to it and the start button fully colored (enabled). I opened the lid, changed the tool and closed the lid. As soon as i did that the machine started spinning nd tried to start cutting. It dd not set the bt hight.

Is this a glich with the software or something i’m doing?

What post-processor are you using in Carbide Create?

Do you have a BitSetter? Is it configured and enabled?

If you don’t have a BitSetter you will need to write out separate files for each tool as noted at:

Running on a Nomad 3. Yes on the bit setter. I didn’t even know there was a post processor option until know (or I forgot). It is at the install default “Basic G-Code”. I have a feeling you’re going to tell me it should be “Carbide 3D Nomad Pro”. Right?

1 Like

1 Like

Correct. Once you have the correct post-processor selected, everything should run as expected.

Thank you, that did the trick!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.