Carbide Motion V6 Beta

Thanks Winston, I don’t see an option in the settings, but it was on in the .json file so I just edited that.
It doesn’t pop up now.

beta 608

s4 standard

two files in directory, deleted

s4 standard w/z plus
bitsetter not enabled

inches

To all that is holy stop the rehoming after literally everything. Give us the option to set it somewhere. Also, on initial I put the bit I need for first cut I don’t need it to redo bitzero after I add the job. Again, give us the option to cancel that part.

3 Likes

What would be really cool is to expose the macros for toolchange, M02, M30, pause, stop, bitzero functions, so we could edit them if desired. Then we could set our own toolchange position, gohome position, bitzero offsets, etc…

Put a big warning at the top of the macro if necessary. **** If you edit this & something explodes, it’s not our fault!! ****

2 Likes

beta 608

s4 standard

two files in directory, deleted

s4 standard w/z plus
bitsetter not enabled

inches

Loaded the 608 version today … it was not a fast process, unfortunately. My experience both positive and negative:

I was forced to do the new machine setup - even though my machine already knew all the right parameters and had my settings. So I went through the process intending to do the minimum amount of changes to my machine. Why not have a “Use current machine setup” option and bypass the setup wizard altogether?

I found that the setup wizard was confusing…particularly around “downloading” the settings. When I first read it, it sounded like clicking on downloading was going to send info to the machine…so I didn’t do that, because my machine was already set to go. I was then stuck with a bitsetter location somewhere in the middle right of my bed…and a micro adjustment setting for moving the head that drove me nuts. I ended up turning off the bitsetter, just to get going. Unfortunately, after initializing, the machine still “parked” somewhere in the middle of my machine.

So, I started all over again and this time clicked the “download settings” option…which cleared the park location problem…I still had to set the bitsetter location again - again, using the infinitely small movements of that dialog (why not reuse your movement dialog that allows me to change speeds? - why make me deal with a different dialog that does the same thing - and not as well?).

OK…finally got it up and running. Enjoyed a faster FAST jog setting…very nice. Enjoyed the “Do not show this message again” dialog options (THANK YOU!!!).

My machine does not stop to allow me to turn my router on after using the bitsetter…I do not have bitrunner enabled. I think I saw something about the touch-keyboard setting, if I was reading the forums right this morning…I’ll have to confirm that — for today, I scrambled to attach my vacuum, start the router, and stand back before the bit hit the piece…a little hectic and not a lot of fun. Hopefully turning off the keyboard will solve the problem (although I don’t know why). I hope I don’t have to edit the settings file by hand - or have to reconfigure the machine with the wizard again in order to turn off that setting.

I noticed that the PARK position is no longer in the front center. Is that intentional? I had built my table with a “Drop zone” under the parked head, to protect bits when I loosen the collet…If I can’t park back where I used to, I have to alter my table. Is there an option for changing the parked location?

The rest is to be discovered.

You’d have to open the config file and change the travel limits manually (with CM closed so it won’t overwrite them). Click on the build number label to open the about box, then click “Open Data Directory”.

You’d have to go to the MDI and set the invert mask and then run the wizard again without sending the config again.

If you can send a video of this it would be helpful. I don’t think we have anything int here that could trigger that kind of delay, but it’s possible.

Did you read the first post?

For tiling and the bigger machines, we found out that almost nobody can reach the tool to change it in the middle if there’s a sheet in the way so we moved it closer to the BitSetter. This should have a minor time benefit as well since the spindle is staying close to the BitSetter.

3 Likes

Apparently not haha.

1 Like

AH…Makes sense.
My suggestion would be to make it configurable - like the bitsetter location itself — as I can imagine some folks might have a wall next to their machine and want things on the left, rather than the right.

[EDIT]: Or, make it an offset from (maybe directly in front of) the bitsetter location - so you put the bitsetter wherever it’s convenient to change bits.

1 Like

We just uploaded 609 to Carbide Create Beta Downloads . I think we’ve got the travel for all of the different versions and configurations figured out.

2 Likes

You said Carbide Create but the link is to Carbide Motion.

The HTML title tag on the page is wrong (and thus the link title when pasting a URL), but Carbide Motion is the correct, intended application to download on that page.

2 Likes

I read a posting that may have been similar to mine about the bit setter. My other version would tell me to turn on the router after the bit setter. Now it goes from the bit setter directly to cutting. I had to shut the power off because the router was not on, and it was going to cut without motion letting me know to turn on the router. Is there a setting to let me know to turn on the router like the last version of motion?
Now, I have to run over and turn on the router after it raises up from the bit setter without notice on the screen.

Did you enable the option for the BitRunner?

What shows under Options?

Yes, the bit setter is enabled and works fine. After it measures the bit, it moves up and over to the set position in the left corner then starts to cut. There is no notification on the screen to turn on the router.

BitRunner != BitSetter

Have you enabled spindle control?

I reported the same issue. I have BitSetter - NOT BitRunner enabled. There is no dialog to turn on the router

I have a bit setter and it is turned on and still works the same and wants to start the job before the motion software screen says start router.

Can you click on the build number in the lower left corner of the screen, then click “Open Data Directory” and send me your shapeoko.json file?

2 Likes

I can not send that type of file to you. Is there a way to convert it to a file that can be uploaded?