Carbide software manual updates

There have been many improvements, feature enhancements and fixes to carbide create and carbide motion over the past 2 years. That’s great work to improve these tools for us users. What I don’t understand is why over the past 2 years the user manual in the customer portal of carbide 3D for the CC tool has not been updated since 6/21/2021. The manual there available for download is for CC V5 (it is at version 7 now) and there is no downloadable manual for CM. I and I’m sure many other users would like to see both manuals updated to the current released versions for both software tools. What happens now when carbide releases new versions of these software tools is a short one sentence note of the feature added or fix in the release notes. There is no addendum posted for the new feature or fix of the release to add to the manual to download or a new manual to replace the old one. It is difficult as it is to contact support by phone or send an email with a question about a new feature update and wait for a reply. The support phone is not answered and you can only leave a message. Is there no staff at carbide tasked with keeping manuals updated and posted on the customer portal?It would be more convenient for users with a software feature question to refer to an updated manual explaining the feature than to get in the support queue or hunt in the community forum for an answer that could be answered in an updated downloadable manual. This would provide some relief to the customer support phone queue as well as the email support queue. Can someone at carbide look into this and get manuals updated on the customer portal?Thank you.

Please see:

and

and

which should be updated to encompass the current state of the program.

If you find anything which was missed, or which needs correction, or have a suggestion for a point of improvement, please let me know.

For Carbide Motion see:

which has updated screen grabs.

Will, That’s nice that you replied to my concern with information from multiple links that you knew about. I’m asking for all the information of the past and newly added features and fixes in the updated released versions (cc v756 and cm v579) of these software tools added to the an updated manual that you can download from the customer portal. This is what I’m asking for. Can this be done by somebody at carbide?

C3D makes great machines and has good customer service. However their documentation has always been awful. The forum is great but their documentation is always behind and even when wrong is not corrected. Even when things are updated it is never updated up to the current date.

Not sure why documentation and technical writing is given such a low priority. Seems to me that a single professional technical writer could fix this rather quickly. With all the big tech layoffs in California C3D could snatch up a technical writer easily and end this once and for all. Just my thoughts. :face_with_monocle:

When someone asks about documentation at support@carbide3d.com those are the links which I send out.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.