CC lock position of geometry

Definitely not a road well travelled. Do you feel like your workflow saves you time over a more typical workflow?

I was doing everything in F360 for a bit and I just felt like I was spending so much time getting into the weeds with the CAM that I think I am giving up on it for anything other than aluminum (need adaptive) or 3D for CAM and just exporting DXFs to CC and doing the CAM there, for designs where I need parametric.

Definitely not saving time — it opens up possibilities which more traditional CAD/CAM tools make extremely difficult or impossible or expensive.

The big thing is I’ve got an idea for a joinery concept which I simply can’t manage to get cut out w/ any of the tools I’ve found — managed to make a 3D model of it which fits together, but actually getting it cut out has some pretty complex math underlying it (conic sections) — the last time I tried I ended up chaining right triangle calculations several levels deep and performance bogged down badly.

Hopefully RapCAD and the G-code preview/code system I’m working on will allow me to finally get this done.

So a problem that can’t be addressed any other way. Necessity is the onus for innovation.

So I head the idea of exporting and svg of the file, going in and editing svg fields, then reimporting. Unfortunately it looks like the exported text is converted to vectors. That would have been a decent way to automate this in a kind of mail merge scenario.

You would want to reset the text in an SVG editor — then w/ it as text you could do as you envision.

Looks like, at least in CC 6, text fields are distinct thing which I could do find and replace on. With a little bit of scripting. Probably can adjust font size as well.

cctext
s that

Font height is there as well. This may prove to not be a huge drudge. But then I could easily burn through the time it would take to do things manually to automate.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.