CC Mysterious Blank Dialog boxes

I am using CC version 514. Currently, the ‘New Job’ UI is completely broken for me, on two different machines, even after uninstalling and re-installing.

When CC starts, I see 3 dialog boxes. Each is COMPLETELY blank, and disappears immediately after being shown. I think this is the ‘New Job’ UI, but I’ve only ever seen it once and now I can’t get it back. I get the same thing when selecting File / New.

Windows 7 (up to date) and Windows 10 (up to date). Installed, uninstalled, re-installed.

OK at least part of this is user error. If geometry is selected, then the ‘Setup’ options under Design disappear. From a UI perspective, that makes no sense at all, the setup options should always be available.

But, I still get these mysterious blank dialog boxes when ever I open a file.

Windows 7 isn’t supported since it was end-of-lifed January of last year.

For Windows 10, if the machine is fully patched and up-to-date it should work.

Try the standard trouble-shooting techniques:

• reboot
  • check for updates
  • reboot again
  • create anew user w/ admin privileges
  • install in new account

If that doesn’t work, go to the Start menu, type “msinfo” and run the System Information tool and save the output as a text file using your last and first name and send that to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.