CC Pro - Unable to see design/grid when reopening a c2d file

Opening up a saved c2d file in CC Pro that I was working on yesterday. I am unable to see the design. I tried to open up through CC and by clicking directly on the filename thumbnail on my desktop. It opens the file and then the file name flashes at the top a few times and the grid and design go away. I can see the toolpaths and can perform a simulation. It’s almost like it’s out of view, but no matter if I try to enlarge/minimize or move my mouse around…nothing! Any ideas?? I saw a similar post, but no resolution. Can you assist?

Mothers Day.c2d (3.3 MB)

Could you please zip the file before posting it?

Here ya go…sorry!

Mothers Day.c2d.zip (1015.3 KB)

It’s blank when I open it up at first.

If one does a select all and tries to scale it, the values are quite surprising:

Exporting to a .svg yields a file which Inkscape can’t handle (presumably due to the very large values)

Can you revert to an earlier version of the file? If not, I’m afraid you’ll probably need to recreate it.

Do we know why this would have happened? I created it in CC. This took me quite some time since I am just getting started with designing.

There are some dimensions in the file like 1.61896e-318 and 5e+62. I removed them and at least it loads and shows something reasonable (and rather sweet I think) now?

Mothers Day.zip (1.0 MB)

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me the other day, I figured it was something I did, but luckily I usually save two copies of things I’m drawing because cc shuts down on me quite a bit when doing larger sized drawings so I just deleted that one and went to my back up.

If you folks can come up with a repeatable set of steps for causing this problem please send it in to us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to have a developer look into it.

Thank you for continuing to work on it. I am still not getting it to load. CC also keeps kicking me out.

Please try the .zip archive which @Gerry posted:

https://community.carbide3d.com/uploads/short-url/jK5LNMfYsmlaaz5OvAR68shoZpo.zip

It worked when I unzipped it and tried it.

As Will mentioned, try the file I uploaded. I’m using CC 464 so if you have an earlier version you may need to update it from https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/download/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.