CC: Remember Directory Last Used

It would be helpful - as well as generally accepted - for the software to remember the last directory that I used to open or save a file. For some reason, CC seems to always start in the folder where its installed, which is never where I want to find my files. Either remember the last, or let me choose a starting directory.

Weird, my CC, 4.64 always goes back to the last directory used. For me it is in my projects folder. I find that going back to the last directory annoying. Maybe someone can tell you why yours does not go back to the last directory used.

1 Like

I see this problem occasionally, too. But my last folder is in a network storage and the error might be due to the storage being inaccessible (or with delayed access) from time to time.

However, I think that individual file save/load operations should remember individual locations (e.g., one for saving a project file and one for saving a gcode file).

OK…so I tried this on different machines and it does, in fact, behave differently. One machine is showing the last directory, the other is showing the installation directory. I don’t know why…perhaps it’s a Windows setting I’m not familiar with?

I’ll withdraw the request then…it seems it’s an individual machine issue.

I have un-solutioned this one…Because I found the problem again…and it’s not my machine this time (I don’t think).

When importing a file (SVG) using the import button in CC…it seems that the directory of last import (or even last open) is not remembered. Can someone verify that please?

2 Likes

On my PC (Windows10) with CC467, the import SVG button opens in
C:\Program Files (x86)\CarbideCreate
always.

2 Likes

RIght…so that’s confirmed (at least on our machines)

I’ve put in a request in the Features topic to either remember the last directory of SVG import, or to provide an option to specify the starting SVG directory.

2 Likes

That will be fixed in the next beta release.

4 Likes