CC Simulation Inquiry

Just have a question regarding the CC simulation. I was just playing around with a new idea for some ornaments and while I know i have a lot of editing to do for optimal results, there seems to be something a little off about the simulation. Just to get an idea of cut time i set up a test file to cut the same design 3 times. For some reason it looks like the simulation is showing the cut depth getting deeper from left to right. Is that how it will cut, or is it just an illusion in the simulation? Thanks.

ornament.c2d (1.2 MB)

1 Like

I believe that’s a result of how the shadowing/lighting is implemented.

1 Like

The views display in perspective view, rather than a true orthographic (straight on)
Notice there is also a little bit of shadow on the right edge of the right ornament as well.

1 Like

Look’s good to go. Don’t forget to add some tabs!

Ha, thanks. I’ve been using tape and glue as my go to work holding to avoid additional clean up but I’ve been thinking of giving tabs a try. All that tape and glue generates a lot of waste and expense :slight_smile:

Do a test run, especially if they are small. The software can only do/project so much. A quick run on some cheap material is simple to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.