CC Spindle bearing

Yo group,
I need to change the bearings in my Carbide Create Spindle. It look like they are rare to find. Do you guys know where I can buy some replacement?

Spindle or C3D router?

If the router you can get a replacement kit from eReplacementParts for the Makita router. It includes the bearings and full armature. I did it recently and it works fine.

2 Likes

The bearings seem to be a reoccurring problem on Makita/C3D routers. If you have the mechanical skills to take the router apart the kit shows about $50.00. You can find Makita routers as low as $89.00 if you search. So if you dont want the hassle of tearing the router apart then buy a new Makita. The Makita and C3D routers are both 66MM diameter on the body which is compatible with the Z-Plus router mounts.

It probably only took 10-15 minutes. If you switch to the Makita you get a shorter power cord you have to deal with.

The Spindle, not the router.

The spindle not the router

If it is less than a year old talk to support under warranty. Even if out of warranty talk to support if they have a repair source.

I have seen several videos on youtube about a warm up routine for spindles. It seems according to the presenters that powering on a spindle and starting cutting while cold takes the bearings out prematurely. So depending on your start up routing check out those warm up procedures to avoid this in the future. If you were practicing starting up routines then it is bad luck for the bearings to go out.

Still check in with Support to see if they have any answers.

2 Likes